Tottenham Hotspur are expected to part ways with Antonio Conte this week according to the Telegraph.
Conte wasn’t impressed with performance of his boys against Southampton earlier this weekend. The game ended in a disappointing 3-3 draw after a late penalty kick by James Ward-Prowse to cancel their hope a win.
Conte hit out at his players following Spurs’ 3-3 draw with Southampton at the weekend and has now flown back to Italy – his home country.
And though he is said to have insisted that his comments were aimed purely at the mentality of his squad, rather than the Spurs board, chairman Daniel Levy is reportedly unconvinced.
It’s not official — it won’t be official until we see the corner flag photo and “Club announcement.” on Twitter — but according to Law the parting of the ways will happen sometime this week, with Ryan Mason assuming interim head coach duties for the second time in his short coaching career.
👀 “As much as Pochettino has been pushing like mad to get this job back…”
😬 “Levy seems very reluctant to admit he made a mistake in the first place!”
Shaun Custis says Mauricio Pochettino is desperate for a Tottenham return! 🤝 pic.twitter.com/lD2fmPdSIu
— talkSPORT (@talkSPORT) March 20, 2023
According to Italian Journalist, Fabrizio Romano the decision hasn’t been made.
Internal discussions are taking place at Tottenham on Antonio Conte situation with Daniel Levy to have final say — as Conte’s plan to leave at the end of the season was already clear after UCL defeat 🚨⚪️ #THFC
Conte’s words were directed at the players — not board or owner. pic.twitter.com/A4rw74bhSx
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) March 20, 2023
What’s Your Opinion on this 💁?