Augsburg vs Bayern Munich: Match Preview, Football Tips and Predictions
Augsburg face the unenviable task of facing Barcelona-slaying Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga encounter on Saturday at WWK Arena.
The home side edged Werder Bremen to an important 1-0 victory last week seeing them climb to 13th place in the log standing.
Bayern Munich are in third place in the league table at the moment after three successive Bundesliga draws but they yet to hit their stride this season.
Three home games into a Bundesliga season, Augsburg is winless for the first time since their promotion in 2011.
Augsburg have 3 wins over Bayern Munich to date and draw two and lost 17 times in all competitions.
The previous game between the two sides took place in April this year and ended in a 1-0 victory in favor of Bayern Munich.
Augsburg conceded at least twice in all of their home games this season and lost after a drawn first half in each of their last 3 at WWK Arena.
Bayern Munich have an impressive record against FC Augsburg and have won 21 out of the 27 matches that have been played between the two teams.
Bavarian have played out 3 straight Bundesliga draws for the first time since autumn 2009.
Bayern are unbeaten in 14 of the last 15 competitive meeting with Augsburg .
- With two goals after six matches, Demirovic has already matched his goal tally for the entire 2021/22 campaign with Freiburg.
- For the first time since their promotion in 2011, Augsburg are winless three home matches into a Bundesliga season.
- Augsburg’s three wins over Bayern to date all fell on former coach Markus Weinzierl’s watch. They’ve lost 17 and drawn the other two.
- Manuel Neuer is set to equal Sepp Maier’s number of Bundesliga appearances (473).
- With four goals, Musiala is Bayern’s leading scorer and the Bundesliga’s top-scoring midfielder this season.
- Bayern have played out three straight Bundesliga draws for the first time since autumn 2009.
Augsburg: Gikiewicz – Bauer, Gouweleeuw (c), Gumny – Pedersen, Maier, Gruezo, Rexhbecaj, Iago – Demirovic, Berisha
Out: Dorsch (metatarsal), Oxford (knee), Sarenren Bazee (cruciate ligament), Strobl (knee), Uduokhai (ankle), Winther (muscular)
Coach: Enrico Maaßen
Bayern: Neuer – Mazraoui, Upamecano, de Ligt, Davies – Kimmich, Goretzka – Gnabry, Müller, Sane – Mane
Out: Coman (muscular), Hernandez (groin), Sarr (patella tendon)
Doubtful: Pavard (dead leg)
Coach: Julian Nagelsmann