Seventh-placed Liverpool plays 15th-placed Wolverhampton Wanderers at Anfield in a midweek Premier League game on Wednesday (March 1). In the reverse fixture in February, Wolves won 3-0 home, thanks to goals from Ruben Neves and Craig Dawson and an own goal from Joel Matip.
The Reds played out a goalless draw against Crystal Palace on Saturday, snapping their two-game winning run in the league. Wolves, meanwhile, are winless in their last two league outings and are coming off a 1-1 draw against Fulham last time around.
Liverpool vs Wolverhampton Wanderers Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- The two teams have squared off 113 times across competitions, with their first meeting dating back to League Division One in 1894. The Reds lead 58-37.
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Liverpool’s last three Premier League games, with the Reds keeping three clean sheets.
- Jurgen Klopp’s men have suffered just one league defeat at home in the Premier League this season, while Wolves have two wins on their travels.
- The Reds have kept clean sheets in three of their last four home games against Wolves in the Premier League.
- Liverpool have won 18 of their last 20 league meetings against the visitors.
- The hosts have failed to score in four of their seven Premier League games in 2023, twice as many as in the entirety of 2022.
- Five of their last seven meetings at Anfield have produced over 2.5 goals